Sitemeter

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1st addendum…

Just had …

Female Yellow Headed Blackbird

this female Yellow-headed Blackbird at my feeder…if you recall I reported on back on May 20th…and hadn’t seen any sign of her since.  I don’t know if this is the same bird or a different one…haven’t heard a male, but then there are so many Evening Grosbeaks about today (not the quietest of birds) they could give even a male YHBlkBd a run for his money in the vocal department!  That other bird in the feeder is a male Brown Headed Cowbird, of which we also have LOTS!.

As I ran out to try and ‘capture’ the above bird…I passed a female hummingbird sitting beside my empty feeder, so ran in and grabbed the cup of ‘hummer juice’ that I had meant to put out this morning….and that reminded me I had planned to post some hummingbird pictures today…

Female Rufous Hummingbird

So here they are….this is a female Rufous Hummingbird

Settling in

I’m hoping for another sunny day when I can sit out by the feeder and hopefully get some pictures of a male….

Female Rufous

and of course I still need to capture the pair of Anna’s that are in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment