Sitemeter

Monday, December 19, 2022

Brrrr

 So cold out here that I didn't even attempt to venture out!  


Yesterday was bad enough!  


there were half a dozen Killdeer in the first bay and I understand they were still there today, there are springs here that keep the water from freezing....at least we hope it will keep it from freezing, because it is everywhere else.


Not so long ago we were wondering where Varied Thrush were, and now they are all over.

A friend had found some Tundra Swans in the morning, so I ventured out again in the afternoon to see if I could find them...


and I did.  She had seen 4, there were only the 2 when I got there.


there were some Green wing Teal on the way...


and Wilson's Snipe.  There has been something else with the snipe that flies up into the riparian habitat - neither myself or my friend have been able to get a good enough look at it but are wondering if it could be a Rail.  We will attempt to find it, if only the temperature would warm up slightly.  Don't mind cold, but this is a bit too much, and now more snow is on it's way.


No comments:

Post a Comment