Sitemeter

Friday, July 12, 2013

Rapidly receding water

Well my goodness....is the water ever receding quickly now!


It's been close to 3 months since this much of the boat launch was dry!


there is the view today...the weather has remained sunny but cooler than it had been...no rain yet this month though...


If this keeps up we should be walking down there pretty soon....it is always such a mucky overgrown mess when the water first recedes.

There hasn't been much in the way of bird activity to report which is why the lack of entries.  I should mention that the birds in the last report that we thought were Grebes, aren't Grebes....they are young Hooded Merganser...not sure why that possibility hadn't occurred to me.


I did have a White-crowned Sparrow family visit today.  The first young ones I've seen this year.


there were at least 2 youngsters, this being the other one.


American Goldfinch are pretty steady visitors to the feeders.  Haven't seen any young yet although I thought I heard some the other day.

Black-capped Chickadees and Chestnut-backed too show up and I actually saw one of the young Red-breasted Nuthatch today....the first time since we came back from our last trip.  Lots of young Steller's Jay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment