Sitemeter

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

We're back

Back home and made it over to Harrison Bay this afternoon.


water levels pretty much identical to when we left 3 weeks or so ago.  It was very windy, in fact it has been windy since we arrived home on Sunday.  Hope it dies one of these days because I really want to get out on the water.

Because of the wind I didn't expect to see much in the way of birds...


I see there is still an Osprey on a nest out there....


and speaking of nests,  was thrilled to see this young Bald Eagle peeking out of the eagle nest.  Looks like just the one.

There must also be at least one....


Spotted Sandpiper nest as this fellow was really agitated as we walked by.


The fields are looking very green but the sides of the dike looked a little crisp...as did the Viper's Bugloss


about the only birds that seemed to be enjoying the wind were the swallows, mainly Tree Swallows, like this fellow.

Should mention that yesterday morning, when I hadn't got into the routine of taking my camera with me, 6 adult Canada Geese, swam by with at least 30 partially grown young!

I've heard the Purple Martin but really need to get out on the water to see what is what.  Hopefully soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment