Sitemeter

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Finally, Yellow-rump Warblers

I guess sometimes all you have to do is stay home!  I've been watching for Yellow-rump Warblers for several weeks.  Today I was working out in my yard and realized the open area behind our yard was absolutely alive with birds!


in fact the big Broad-leaf Maple that grows there was full of Yellow-rump Warblers.


they were pretty high up but managed to get a few photos.



the bird bath out there was busy too, here a couple of female Purple Finch


this Black-capped Chickadee was headed there too.


and then a female Yellow-rump Warbler headed that way as well.

While I was standing out there, a female Rufous Hummingbird flew up to me, landed on my chest and sat there for at least a minute!  Have never had something like that happen before.  Had my camera in my hands but there was no way I could get a picture although I sure would have loved to.

Earlier in the day, when I didn't have my camera, I saw a pair of Bush-tits down by the estuary, the first I've seen in the area in a year or so.  





No comments:

Post a Comment