Sitemeter

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Calm before the storm?

Thought I'd get out for a walk today in case the dire weather predictions actually come to pass....


it was a dull but dry sort of day....one thing to mention I noticed today how the bank along this, which I call the 'first bay' is disappearing.  I'm not sure why that should be happening after all these years.  I know the banks over at the log bay are breaking down rapidly due to all the human and dog activity over there but I haven't noticed much in the way of people going down this bank....maybe it is just due to the amount of high water we've had but again, why now?


this Great Blue Heron was perched on the piling....one of it's favorite spots.


Could hear Swans and finally spotted these guys way over flying down the Harrison River.


things were pretty quiet here at the log bay.


and you can see that water levels are back down to where one expects them to be this time of the year...this also shows some of the breaking down bank at this site.


It was pretty quiet along the trail too although I did see a couple of Spotted Towhee....


and Song Sparrow.....  I could hear something tapping way up in one of the eagle trees....


and finally spotted this male Hairy Woodpecker way up high....almost looks like he is building a new nesting cavity.

Now I guess we wait and see if we have snow photos for tomorrow or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment