Sitemeter

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Amazing numbers!

No pictures again but just had to mention a few things.  The first being the amazing numbers of swallows and swifts we are seeing in the evening.  There are hundreds of them.  Tonight was like walking through a snow storm but instead of flakes, they were all birds.  I haven't seen numbers like this since we first moved here.

Earlier today during a quick dog walk I spotted an American Kestrel   We do see Kestrel's here at the estuary occasionally but they are by no means 'common'.

Lastly, the Band-tail Pigeons are back.  I thought they were early but on checking back, they are right on time.  Oh, one more thing, a small flock of Pine Siskin showed up at the feeders briefly this afternoon....first of those we've seen for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, just wondering if you'd viewed my comment on your last post, "Beautiful Easter Day?" Perhaps you missed it since you don't seem to have regular commenters?

    I would be glad to send you an e-mail, except you don't have an address here on the page (which is smart). Please let me know if you're interested in doing a guest birding post for RVwest magazine (rvwest.com). I'd also be glad to do an RVing Snapshot of you, if you're interested.

    Thanks so much. You can e-mail me at kristen.mitchell@kpimedia.com, or call me toll free at 1 800 663 8555 ext 286.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete