Sitemeter

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Well this is different!

Sometimes, when you least expect it, something unusual shows up!  Before I get into that though, just one quick picture of the rising water....


here it comes!

As I mentioned yesterday, the variety and numbers of birds has returned to normal with the more normal weather conditions.  This afternoon I took my camera out side to just sit for a while and take pictures of whom ever showed up.


Primary subjects were the Black-headed Grosbeak as there are so many of them.  The males seem to be more co-operative than the females at least as far as having their picture taken.


here are some more males....and then I spotted this guy....


look at that eye! and the one on the other side was just the same.  Have never seen anything like that before!


some other visitors...this female American Goldfinch....


a White-crowned Sparrow....




This male Rufous Hummingbird was perched in my neighbours willow, with his eye on my feeder chasing any intruders away - he was kept very busy because there are a lot of hummingbirds here at the moment.


this female was allowed to 'fill up'.

No comments:

Post a Comment