Sitemeter

Monday, January 9, 2012

Hairy Woodpecker

Although I’d taken the camera with me, I really wasn’t into the whole ‘birding’ thing today…

Another Gray day

it was another dull gray day…there were lots of ducks out there…including some Northern Shovelers…and a few Swans way out…but figured it was a day pretty much like they’d all been and I was in a hurry to get the big dogs walk done to get back to the little old dog that is having some medical issues…

But…as we approached the viewing platform I could hear a woodpecker quite close…

Hairy Woodpecker

and there he is…a male Hairy Woodpecker

another look

posing beautifully for some great pictures…

and another

there were a lot of Dark-eyed Junco in the same area, and there have been Pine Sisken, House Finch and even a Purple Finch in the area all weekend. 

Snowy Woodside

Just for fun I thought I’d check and see what was happening on this date last year….seems it was sunny and cooler than it is this year….7 degrees out there today..

No comments:

Post a Comment