Sitemeter

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Bird Count day

The annual Christmas Bird Count that is done nation wide is an event I have never participated in and have always felt I’d like to.  Today was the date scheduled for the count to be done in this area and I was quite happy to not be participating as the poor people who were counting had absolutely miserable conditions to contend with.  Sleet, slush, rain and wind.

Not a nice day!

I’m not sure how we managed but the short time we went for our walk was the best weather of the day….the sun even shone for all of a few seconds before the rains returned.  I don’t imagine a great many birds were actually seen…

Bald Eagle on the shore

this Bald Eagle on the shore was one of the few birds around that I could see.

No comments:

Post a Comment