Sitemeter

Friday, August 2, 2013

Rain!

Here we are, the second day of August and finally, after more than a month, we got some rain.


Took advantage of the cooler temperatures and made the trek over to the park.  Here is the view from the viewing platform.  We haven't seen it looking like that for while!


and here is the log bay, once more actually being a 'bay'.  There wasn't as much bird activity as I would have thought, 


but there was quite a large flock of American Robins, including young ones like the one above...also could hear Cedar Waxwings and American Goldfinch, while Barn Swallows were flying over head.


The Blackberries are getting ripe so attracting the berry lovers...no doubt that will mean some bear sightings soon.


Heard and then spotted several Flycatchers (sorry I'm not going to attempt to I.D.)....the photos I took today didn't work out so I'm posting this one I took a couple of days ago at our boat launch.

Here at home we have been absolutely inundated with large flocks of 


American Goldfinch, at one point I counted over 30 at and under one feeder and there were just as many on the other side.  The cinnamon coloured ones are the youngsters.



there are also a lot of young Rufous Hummingbirds around right now.


and finally I have to note that the month started with a visit from a family of Chestnut-backed Chickadees....this little guy being one of the very active babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment