Sitemeter

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Feeling guilty....

I have to say, I'm feeling guilty....all you loyal followers faithfully checking this site and me not even here to post anything!  We have been back for a couple of days but I haven't even had a chance to go for a walk, and tomorrow we are heading out again for another 5 days away...

So I thought I'd post a few of the many pictures I took on our last trip which was to Manning Park, which isn't all that far away and is part of the area that the Fraser Valley Birding site covers.  So far I've only worked through the pictures from my two smaller cameras....so here go a few....


This is the view from Hampton Campground where we spent 3 days and decided that it is now our favorite campground in the park.


there were a number of Steller's Jay families there....it was so hot on a couple of days that the poor birds were panting...there were a number of dripping standpipes in the campground so we knew they did have a source of water if they wanted it.


We of course have Steller's Jay here....what it would be very rare to see here at the estuary is a Gray Jay....


this is one of the very friendly young Gray Jay...also panting from the heat...


I only spotted this Red Cross bill family once.  Female on Left, dad in middle and baby on right.  We do, on very rare occasions have these guys visit us.


now speaking of 'crossed bills' - this young Raven in the Coldspring Campground has a deformed bill....I'll be reporting it to the site at the University of Alaska that is studying deformed beaks in birds.


so I'll end with this Ruby-crowned Kinglet with a mouthful of food - the fledglings were perched in a tree on the other side of the river...this was at Mule Deer Campground and taken in deep shade.  

Pictures of some of the other findings, such as the Evening Grosbeaks and Red Eyed Vireo will have to wait until I get back (again!).

No comments:

Post a Comment