Sitemeter

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unexpected sunshine….and a snake…

Today has been a bonus!  Wet weather was forecast but we have glorious sunshine!

nice day

apart from Tree Swallows that are slowly increasing in number…

Unexpected sunshine

there was absolutely no activity at the log bay…the fact that there were people down walking on the foreshore area, instead of staying up on the trails where they belong, was no doubt a contributing factor…

Chickadee at nest site

The Black Capped Chickadee’s were back at this nesting site,  this little guy has a beak full of material so is obviously busy excavating a nesting hole.  The Bushtits were flying back and forth to their nest as well.

April is the month when we can expect various types of Sparrows to be showing up….and today there were…

April 24, 2008

White Crowned Sparrows….I missed a picture today, thanks to my Canon Power shot camera which seems to be in the process of ‘crashing’…the above picture was taken over at the park on April 24, 2008.

and lastly, I have to mention it, saw the first garter snake of the season…you will never see a picture of one on this site.  My love of all things nature does not expand to those with no legs….I know they are good, I know they are beneficial to the habitat…but I still can’t stand looking at them long enough to take a portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment