Sitemeter

Monday, June 3, 2013

Cedar Waxwings.....

A beautiful day today.....


those water levels still aren't budging....there were a number of Wilson's and Yellow Warblers down here today as well as a Bullock's Oriole, none co-operative for photos...


I did manage to spot and then actually get a picture of a Cedar Waxwing....I had thought I'd been hearing them for the last week or so, but didn't actually spot one until today.

Yesterday we took a day trip up to Manning Park - one of our favorite spots to head to - I don't think we've ever seen it quite so devoid of birds though.  You could hear them but nothing much around except at the Beaver Pond where there were all sorts of warblers....so thought I'd post a few photos since it has been so non-eventful around here.


Lot's of Yellow-rump Warblers....should mention I did see a pair of these here in the park last week as well.


also Wilson's Warbler, like we've had down at the boat launch....


There was also a Spotted Sandpiper and I have been hearing them around here and actually saw one fly from our boat launch the other evening...


What we won't see here is one of these Clark's Nutcrackers.


one final picture from around here....some of the Wild Roses that are in flower - I'm getting desperate to find something to report on!

No comments:

Post a Comment