Sitemeter

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pied-bill Grebes

Oh my goodness!  I can't believe how quickly the water levels are dropping!


walked down to the boat launch this evening with my camera - went down the other night without a camera and there were Geese and ducks right in the boat launch.....of course not tonight!


however I did spot some Pied-bill Grebe over in the grasses on the west side - saw 3, only 2 in this photo.


back to water levels...it won't be long until we can walk right to the end of the path!  I'm really hoping to get out in the canoe tomorrow, thinking that if we don't get out there in the next few days we aren't going to be able to get out at all until next spring.

Back in the yard, the Chestnut-back Chickadee family continues to entertain in the yard...


here are two of the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment