Sitemeter

Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunshine and Swans

Finally a sunny day!

Sunshine

I have to mention that this morning when I went out to fill my feeders I heard Swans heading north.  By the time I grabbed my camera they were too far away.  You can always tell when they are leaving as they call the whole time and are very high up.  When they are just moving about the valley they fly quite low and are usually quiet, at least until they land.  When they are on migration it is like they are so excited to finally be under way that they can hardly contain themselves.

Towhee in a tree

There wasn’t a lot in the way of birds today, especially ducks, although there was one pair of Canada Geese….did see quite a few Spotted Towhee like this guy that was up ‘trilling’ in a tree….

Sunning Towhee

and this female sunning herself on a log – in fact just sitting and soaking up the rays seemed to be the activity of choice today…

Fox Sparrow

this Fox Sparrow was doing the same thing and can’t say as I blame them….I did a fair bit of it myself.  Unfortunately, even though tomorrow is the first official day of spring….we have another ‘s’ word in the forecast – let’s hope they are wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment