Sitemeter

Friday, April 11, 2014

Some area birds

If you can't get to the birds, apparently the birds will oblige and come to you.....at least that is the way it has been here the last couple of days.  First I want to mention that Ernie said there was a flock of small shorebirds down at the estuary today, he didn't get a good look and doesn't know what kind they were.

Yesterday I was standing looking out my sliding glass doors when I spotted.....


this Orange-crowned Warbler going over the plants in the bit of garden.  You can just barely make out the 'orange' crown.  It was a bit of a miracle I spotted it as it is the same colour as the plants and even more of a miracle that I got photos as they never sit still!

Noticed one of those 'odd ball' junco's yesterday too but didn't get a decent photo of it....


this White-crowned Sparrow was one of several.....

then today I spotted this....


a Eurasian Collared Dove, the first one I've seen right in this area although they have been at Kilby for a while now.  Not sure if it is a good thing or not as this species seems to have moved in and taken over at an alarming rate the past few years.

and then there are the Rufous Hummingbirds...


Don't know if there is another wave of migrants moving through or what but there has sure been activity out there today around the feeders.

Oh yes, we saw the first Brown-headed Cowbird of the season yesterday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment