Sitemeter

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Typical early spring day.

March 22 – World Water Day – was just a typical day for early spring.  A mix of sun and cloud, nice and warm in the sunshine, a bit cool out of it.

First bay

Just not a lot going on in the bird department either.  There was bird activity but not in the amount there was yesterday.  I attempted pictures of a small flock of Bushtits…but the couple of pictures I’d managed didn’t turn out and then we met another dog walker (dog on a leash) and had to pay more attention to that then the birds.

Mix of sun and cloud

The log bay was quite quiet as well…

Goose pair

one pair of high stepping Canada Geese…..

new growth

what was noticeable today, was how the vegetation is greening up, all it took was a couple of nice mild days!

I did see a Yellow-shafted Northern Flicker today…not well enough to tell if it was pure or a hybrid and of course not when I had a camera.  I should mention too that I’ve been told a Great Horned Owl was in the park last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment