Sitemeter

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another gray wet day…

Another gray, wet, and with the temperature only a couple of degrees above freezing…not very warm!  I had actually thought I wouldn’t even bother taking any pictures today, because really, how many dark gloomy pictures do you need?  But, it is a rare day when there isn’t something of interest…and so it was today.

line up of eagles

I had been hearing a lot ‘eagle’ vocalization and as I reached the log bay, I noticed a number of them out, off of the point…

Eagles and a gull in the gloom

there were, in fact, quite a few Bald Eagles  (they aren’t all at the city dump! – which if you watched the news on Global TV last night, you will understand – quite an amazing spectacle!)

trio

The young one on the stump has something…it is hard to see just what, but I think it is a fish…

dispute

There isn’t a lot of food around right now, so everyone wants a share…

eagle dispute

The original youngster gets chased off…by another young one.

Don't even think about it

and dares it to try to come back!  Not that there appears to be much left to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment