Sitemeter

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tree Swallows....

It sure has been a slow start to the spring season....life is so crazy right now with everything going on but at least finally we are getting some warmer weather after a few crazy days of sunny but frigid temperatures....


this was the scene on the dike yesterday, the first day in at least 5 months when it felt 'warm'!  There were a lot of swans in the field, won't be seeing them much longer!  I thought I heard Tree Swallows while we were walking here but I couldn't actually see any, however,


a little later in the day I walked over to the park and saw some swallows.  This is actually about 2 weeks later than when we normally have a 'first of the season' sighting.

There hasn't been much else to see....


we did spot this Great Blue Heron in a tree one day and robins continue to be seen.  I expect things to pick up soon.  Apparently a Rufous Hummingbird was seen in Delta yesterday so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment