Sitemeter

Friday, May 11, 2012

Picture Perfect day!

What a spectacular day!! 

Perfect day

We started out at our boat launch where I’m pretty sure I heard a Spotted Sandpiper and I definitely heard, and caught a glimpse of, a Bullock’s Oriole…

perfection

decided to wander over to the park….the water will be starting to come back up now.

Northern Rough Wing Swallow

Swallow’s were dipping and diving all over the place – only one that obliged by perching was this Northern Rough-wing Swallow.  There were also quite a few Barn Swallows – I guess they were just waiting for a nice day to show up.

female Robin

This very pale American Robin (obviously a female), was very busy gathering food, in fact there are Robins busy gathering food all over the place.  I don’t know how many Robin nests there are in the vicinity but there have to be a lot!  Got some good looks at a Wilson’s Warbler today but he managed to elude being photographed.

Female Western Tanager

heading back we saw 3 Western Tanagers, 1 male and 2 female – the one above being one of the females.

American Robin

back at home it has just been too nice to do much of anything but sit and watch with a camera at hand.  Dug out my DSLR to make sure it is still working in preparation for an upcoming trip…so here is another Robin, this one a male….I was hoping to get some pictures of some of the, what must be dozens of Band Tail Pigeons but they are just so spooky! 

Chickadee with nesting material

caught sight of this Black-cap Chickadee with nesting material – I think it is my dogs fur – she is offering up enough of it right now!  Too bad the little guy was in dense shade so the picture isn’t all that clear.

Female Rufous

When you just sit and watch it is amazing what you see.  I actually noticed a lot of Rufous Hummingbirds today, like this little female, in fact I’ve had to fill my feeder again today.   I’m pretty sure there was a Nashville Warbler in this tree as well, got a good look at him, but again a picture eluded me.

Female Rufous

here is one of the hummers at the little feeder….

No comments:

Post a Comment