Sitemeter

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gold-crowns galore!

Another wet day, so again, no trek over to the park….

Boat launch

water levels continue their advancing up the boat launch…

wet walk

the lower path is filling in – no more looking over to the area of the park…

that way

and you can’t really even make out Morris Valley Road anymore…

Yesterday, my daughter who lives near Parksville on Vancouver Island, had said they were over run with White-crowned and Gold-crowned Sparrows…

Gold-crowned Sparrow

Well this afternoon the same thing could be said of around here…in fact I’ve never seen so many Gold-crowned Sparrows at one time as I did today…

Gold Crowned

Hopefully they will stick around for a few days and the rain will let up so I can try for some decent pictures – these were taken through my double paned windows.  Noticed a real increase in the number of Brown Headed Cowbirds today, and there have been large numbers of Purple Finches at the feeders the last few days….also seems to be a lot of Steller’s Jay – I counted over 40 of them flying overhead this morning as I walked a very short distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment